After you have successfully installed Magento 2, you will need to configure the general settings for your store.
The first thing you will need to do, is accessing the admin dashboard of your Store and navigating to the Stores>Configuration section.
Here, select the General option from the navigation menu on the left and you will be presented with these settings to configure.
- Timezone – The Time zone of the Store
- Locale – The default language
- Weight Unit – The weight unit that will be used for the products of your store (and in weight shipping)
- First Day of Week – Setup the Calendar of your store
- Weekend Days – Select the Weekend Days for your store
- Store Name – The name of your Store
- Store Phone Number – The phone number for contact
- Store Hours of Operation – The hours during which your store is open
- Country – The Country in which the store is situated
- Region/State – The region in which the store is located
- ZIP/Postal Code – The ZIP/Postal Code of the area in which the store is located
- City – The City in which the store is located
- Street Address – The Street Address of the Store
- VAT Number – The VAT Number for your store (this will make sure VATs are calculated correctly)
You now know how to configure the general settings for your Magento 2 Store.