With more traffic going towards your store, you might start thinking about adding banners for advertising your partners or your other websites. Adding and configuring a banner won’t take you more than 5 minutes thanks to Zen Cart’s Banner Manager.
To start off, you will have to login to your Admin Dashboard and navigate to the Tools>Banner Manager from your main admin panel.
Once there you will be able to see all of the current banners on your website along with statistic regarding their views/clicks and status (active/inactive).
Click on the new banner button to start configuring a new banner.
Here you will find the following settings:
- Banner Status – Set the banner to Active/Inactive
- Banner New Window – If set to Yes the banner will open in a new window (recommended)
- Banner on SSL – Set to Yes to make the banner visible with active SSL on the website
- Banner Title – The title of the banner
- Banner URL – The location to which the banner will lead the customer after being clicked
- Banner Group – The group in which you want to situate the banner (this makes it easy to manage the banner if the future)
- Image – Select the image for the banner with the Browse… button (if you want to use an image banner)
- HTML Text – If you want to use an HTML banner copy the HTML text here (HTML banners won’t record clicks)
- Scheduled At – If you wish to schedule this banner to activate on a specific date, select the date from the calendar here
- Expires On – If you want the banner to expire on a specific date or after a certain amount of impressions/views add the value in the bottom field.
When you are ready click on the insert button to finish the configuring and create the banner.